Monday, February 23, 2009

It Pays to be Diligent

Maybe the check was never in the mail to begin with. Maybe I'm holding the postal system in low esteem for no good reason. Maybe my expectations for people to just do their job is too high. Who knows. All I know right now, is that I'm going to waste a half day of vacation time to drive to the car dealership and rip someone a new one! My husband has been consistently contacting the dealership about our GAP refund check and everytime he calls, it's a new story. Last Wednesday, the story was that the manager needed to sign off on the check and we could pick it up over the weekend. When my husband called on Friday to verify that the check was ready, he was told the manager had gone home early because something was in her eye! Could we at least get a plausible excuse? Not to mention, what happened to the manager on Wednesday & Thursday? Did her fingers cramp up so she couldn't hold a pen? Did her dog eat her work clothes and she couldn't come in? Honestly! So my husband called today to find out what the problem is now and is told that "it's on the top of my priority list" by whomever he has been dealing with. In response to that, my husband advised her that I would be coming to the dealership today and that the check better be ready. She gave him the impression that she was not pleased by that. Why would that be? Because I'm going to force her to do her job? Frankly I'm so ticked off right now, I will probably cause a scene. If I have to drag the department manager and dealership manager into the fray, so be it. I know it's only a couple hundred dollars, but darn it all, that's my couple hundred dollars, not theirs to hold hostage! Hopefully there will be some resolution today because I don't want to deal with these people ever again, and I'll be sure to let them know that we won't be buying another car there ever again as well. I'm sure the dealership manager won't be too pleased to hear that.

No comments: