Friday, February 13, 2009

The Check Is In The Mail

"Yes ma'am, I mailed that check out early last week". Sure you did lady. This is the storyI've been given by the car dealership that has been sitting on our refund since November. When we bought our new car last November, we cancelled the GAP coverage on the car we traded in (stands to reason right? don't want to pay for something I no longer own!). Well the guy we worked with in the finance department was a complete jerk. He tried to sell us so much stuff that we didn't need and didn't want to take "no" for an answer. We finally convinced him to cancel the GAP. We are told it could take up to 6 weeks to receive the refund, but it doesn't usually take that long. Ok, no problem, we aren't in any hurry per se. 6 weeks go by and we haven't received our check. I call the GAP company to verify that it has been cancelled. The kind woman I spoke with advised that it had not been cancelled. She inquired as to what dealership we used. I advised her where we bought the car and she lets out a long sigh and says "oh, now I understand". According to her, our dealership is NOTORIOUS for not cancelling the GAP upon request right away. She says they take forever! Great, now I'm mad. So my husband calls the dealer and talks asks for the finance jerk. Yeah, he no longer works there! No wonder it didn't get done! So my husband is passed onto someone else that seems to know what is going on. She advises that the check will be ready by the end of January and that she will call once the check arrives at the dealership. She called early last week and my husband asked her to mail the check. Well, it's over a week and half later and surprise, no check. Ordinarily this wouldn't be a big deal, but we live the next town over from the dealer, it should have been here by now. So I call today and she advises that the check was mailed last week when she spoke with my husband and she can't understand why I'm calling her. I explain that we should have received it by now and can she check into whether it was cashed by someone else. She advises that she will check into and call me back, but somehow I doubt I will hear from her.

No comments: