Thursday, February 12, 2009

Eating Poor to Stop the Cash Hemorrhage


Well I suppose I'm going to have to post an updated food calendar now in anticipation of being broke without any OT coming from my husband's paycheck! Not to be an alarmist or anything, but I always feel that it's better to be prepared than to be caught with your pants down! Things aren't going so hot at my job lately either (we are losing clients faster than Madonna changes looks), but as of right this second, there haven't been any moves or talks of layoffs. I'm keeping the ole fingers crossed. Anyway, on to the calendar. Unfortunately, a lot of it consists of rice or pasta, but with some beans and veggies at least we are getting protein and essential vitamins and can be somewhat nutritious. With the said menu, we will cut our grocery bill down to about $100/mnth or so. Each meal has to be repeated once, but hey, if you are trying to staunch the cash flow, eating boring food might have to enter the picture for a while!

No comments: