Friday, April 17, 2009

Back On My Own Two Feet Again

Well, it's been 3 weeks since we moved back to the city and it's going swimmingly! However, I have to note, we haven't heard from the mortgage company after mailing in the house keys and I can't get the car companies to come pick up their vehicles! Yikes! I've had to call both car companies multiple times now to see if they are ever going to repossess the cars. Sounds to me like they are slammed with requests other than mine. However, we are saving TONS of money right now and it feels good to not stress over the bills anymore. We still try to live frugally, but not out of necessity, only out of a conscious effort to be less "stuff" oriented. It's working out beautifully. Even if the hubby loses his job, we are A-ok and that's a fine feeling. I can't believe we ever let ourselves get caught up in the consumerism so much. We were pretty good about our finances before we moved to Chicago, and then with a large boost in income, we suddenly needed to buy buy buy. How depressing. I feel like we are "going back to our roots" with this transition. It's sad that our credit will suffer for it, but maybe we needed a kick in the pants to get our heads screwed on straight. For now, I'm living stress-free and loving it!

No comments: